Budgeting & Family Support Services (also known as Mangere Budgeting Services Trust), provides a range of social services and educational programmes.
We are welcoming of all ethnicities and diversities as we deliver a range of free and confidential social services to families/whanau and individuals:
- One on One Budget Advice Support
- Budget Planning and Financial Plans
- Negotiations with Creditors
- Advocacy with Government and Non-Government agencies
- Financial Literacy / Educational Budgeting Seminars
- Housing Advocacy
- Family and Individual Counselling
- Strengthening Families Programme – (Lead Agency - Mangere)
- Food Parcels for families and individuals in need (strict criteria applies)
- Access to quality second-hand clothing
- Access to Furniture Bank
- Cooking Classes “How to cook on a tight budget”
- Freephone Budgeting helpline: 0508 22 22 83 or 0508 ABC Budget (we on-refer the caller to their nearest Budgeting and Social Service provider anywhere within New Zealand).
What is expected of our clients?
A commitment to working through the issues, honestly, cooperatively and in partnership with our organisation, and its staff.
What to bring to your Budgeting appointment?
- A support person if desired
- Your latest bank statements
- A list of your debts and all outgoings
- Up to date statements from your creditors/debtors
- Income statement from your employer or Work & Income NZ (WINZ)
- A willingness to make changes to the way you manage your finances.
How long will it take?
Allow at least one hour for your first appointment and 45 minutes for all ongoing appointments.
How to make an appointment?
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 4.00pm.
What to do if you cannot attend?
Where are we located?
59B Mahunga Drive (next to KUMFS Shoes)
Manukau City 2022
PO Box 43007
Manukau City 2153